Position: Field officer in Water Sector
Location: Starting in Chipata and maybe later during the year other districts in Eastern Province
Start Date: 1-8-2018
Jacana supports small Zambian entrepreneurs in realizing their plans to grow. Jacana has two departments one is focussing on general entrepreneurs and the other on entrepreneurs in the water sector
Jacana’s water sector activities are:
- Training and guiding Entrepreneurs for Water (E4W) in production of Simple, Market based, Affordable and Repairable Technologies (SMART) like locally made pumps and drilling equipment, manually drilled boreholes, installation of pumps and production of ground water recharge systems.
- Training and guiding Water for Entrepreneurs (W4E), families who use water for business and household.
Both groups are trained in business, financial and marketing skills and will be mentored for at least one year to run and expand their businesses. For more information: www.jacana.help
Together with the manager of the water department you will be responsible for the logistics, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of water projects.
- Assist in training of entrepreneurs in business, financial and marketing skills, later you will be trained to become a trainer yourself.
- Assist in technical trainings of welders and manual drillers.
- Monitor and evaluate the entrepreneurs in the water sector, like visits to drilling sites, monitor welders who produce hand pumps and quality control of installed pumps in the field.
- Guide the entrepreneurs in expanding their businesses.
- Assist in writing evaluation reports.
- Any other task that may be assigned to you by your superior.
- Grade 12 certificate.
- You have interest, experience, affinity and feeling for technical matters.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in Nyanja and English.
- ICT skills a must : Microsoft Word and Excel e.t.c
- You are flexible, willing to learn and able to work in a small team.
- You can work independently.
- Craft certificate would be an added advantage.
Are you interested to work in a small team and you are coming from the Eastern Province of Zambia, than we ask you to write a letter of interest and send us your CV before 1st of June 2018.
You can send your application including your CV to dinie.nijssen[at]jacana.help or send it to Jacana Foundation, PO Box 510293, Chipata, Zambia.