This month Eastern Manual Drilling (EMD, trained by Jacana SMART Centre Zambia) celebrates its first year of existence and what a year it was:
- EMD drilled 148 boreholes and provided almost 10,000 people with affordable access to water.
- EMD now buys pipes in bulk.
- Last few month all 24 members where constantly drilling and customers were put on a waiting list.
- EMD participated in many promotion events and was interviewed on national television ZNBC.
- EMD participated in the nationwide pitching competition and is one of the two who won a trip to Finland.
The pitching competition and the trip is sponsored by the Southern Africa Innovation Support programme (SAIS). EMD will have a full programme in Finland from 13 to 23 November 2019. They will be part of the world leading start-up event & community of entrepreneurs (SLUSH) .
Nothing normal ever changed the World.
But a community of world-conquering entrepreneurs just might.